BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kaziumair
Quartz | Level 8

Hi everyone,

I have to create an audit report containing information about user addition/deletion by admin . Does APM audit_admuser table capture the required information ? If not, can you suggest how I can obtain required information?

Thanks and Regards ,

Mohammad Umair Kazi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
These tables are updated by the nightly ETL runs of the Environment Manager Service Architecture Framework, which reads from the Audit_ log file you mention to update ARTIFACT.AUDIT_TRANSACTIONS, among others.

More information on the service architecture framework can be found here:

Understanding SAS Environment Manager Service Architecture
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/evcdc/2.5_M1/evug/n11z5dl1car9w4n17i8b4jutjre8.htm

When enabled, the Environment Manager agents run at midnight (by default) the script below on each host (except grid nodes):
12 am: <sas-config>/Levn/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/emi-client/bin/log_collect.sh

This script copies the log files from places like SASMeta/MetadataServer/AuditLogs to emi-client/LandingZone.

Then from these scripts run on the primary compute host:
1 am: <sas-config>/Levn/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/emi-framework/bin/log_centralize.sh
This copies the logs from the different host's emi-client/LandingZone to emi-framework/LandingZone on the compute host.

2 am: <sas-config>/Levn/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/emi-framework/bin/master_acm_etl.sh
This script updates the ACM tables by querying Environment Manager tables for data gathered by Environment Manager agents.

3 am: <sas-config>/Levn/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/emi-framework/bin/master_apm_etl.sh
This script reads the log files gathered into the ARTIFACT and KIT tables.

So if you wanted to manually update the tables you could run these scripts manually. Instead I would recommend checking to see why the automated runs are not occurring or are failing. The log files for these processes can be found in the emi-client/Logs and emi-framework/Logs directories.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The APM table ARTIFACT.AUDIT_TRANSACTIONS is used by the Products\SAS Environment Manager\Audit Reports(Log Forensic)\ "User Accounts Added" and "User Accounts Removed" reports.
--
kaziumair
Quartz | Level 8

Hi , thanks . Do you know how to update the artifact.audit_transactions table ? Actually ,I am able to see the records in the Audit_SASMeta_Metadataserver.log file , however when I access the audit_transactions table using data step in EG , it does not contain those records. Is there a way to update the table manually ?
Regards,
Mohammad Umair Kazi

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
These tables are updated by the nightly ETL runs of the Environment Manager Service Architecture Framework, which reads from the Audit_ log file you mention to update ARTIFACT.AUDIT_TRANSACTIONS, among others.

More information on the service architecture framework can be found here:

Understanding SAS Environment Manager Service Architecture
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/evcdc/2.5_M1/evug/n11z5dl1car9w4n17i8b4jutjre8.htm

When enabled, the Environment Manager agents run at midnight (by default) the script below on each host (except grid nodes):
12 am: <sas-config>/Levn/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/emi-client/bin/log_collect.sh

This script copies the log files from places like SASMeta/MetadataServer/AuditLogs to emi-client/LandingZone.

Then from these scripts run on the primary compute host:
1 am: <sas-config>/Levn/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/emi-framework/bin/log_centralize.sh
This copies the logs from the different host's emi-client/LandingZone to emi-framework/LandingZone on the compute host.

2 am: <sas-config>/Levn/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/emi-framework/bin/master_acm_etl.sh
This script updates the ACM tables by querying Environment Manager tables for data gathered by Environment Manager agents.

3 am: <sas-config>/Levn/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/emi-framework/bin/master_apm_etl.sh
This script reads the log files gathered into the ARTIFACT and KIT tables.

So if you wanted to manually update the tables you could run these scripts manually. Instead I would recommend checking to see why the automated runs are not occurring or are failing. The log files for these processes can be found in the emi-client/Logs and emi-framework/Logs directories.
--
kaziumair
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you for your help .

Regards ,
Mohammad Umair Kazi
kaziumair
Quartz | Level 8
Hi ,
Can you please give some clarity on the question below :
If an active directory user or an external user with SAS admin privileges adds/deletes user from SAS SMC , then will that be tracked by APM as well?
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Yes.
--
kaziumair
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you for help

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation