BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ankitd
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Experts,

I have a single machine SAS Viya 3.4, SAS ESP 5.2 deployed environment being hosted on Linux OS.

As a part of connectivity setup between ESP with Postgres DB using ODBC driver, I have configured the odbc.ini file as attached.

Before proceeding ahead with the ESP - Postgres configuration, I tried validating the same using isql test.

Unfortunately the isql test failed stating that the IP of the server mentioned in the odbc.ini is not present in pg_hba.conf

Tried adding the IP in the conf file however keep receiving the same error message further the entry gets reverted back in case of a service restart.

Have tried putting localhost, IP of server, actual hostname of server in the odbc.ini file but no success.

Can someone please help with this.

2 REPLIES 2
Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

May i see the details of pg_hba.conf file which you've added?

Also please share the odbc.ini file details.

LalitPatel
Obsidian | Level 7

I think it is because you are trying to connect SAS ESP server with your localhost, which is inaccessible to SAS ESP server.

You may try to make your localhost accessible to the Internet by "port forwarding".

Whether you're already using SAS Event Stream Processing or thinking about it, this is where you can connect with your peers, ask questions and find resources.

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation