BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
arunrami
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi  guys ,

I am about to start work on my own BCI project with the help of python and octave ., As I am more comfortable with SAS

language syntax , just wondering is there any sas suite available for this kind of tasks which involves various techniques like 'signal processing' .

Any valuable suggestions are highly appreciated  , and if you are someone who already working on similar projects using SAS , please provide some advice and ur experience !

5 REPLIES 5
rubricsinger
SAS Employee

Hi @arunrami,

This is not an area I have specialty in but I saw your question and was intrigued by it.   I discussed it with some of the folks in our Advanced Analytics R&D team and they supplied me with this slide below as they have been working in Digital Signal Processing projects with SAS. 

BCI_example.jpg

I hope that helps give you some ideas for your project.  If you would like to discuss with someone from our Advanced Analytics team with experience in this space, let me know and I can put you in touch with them.

Good luck with your project, and keep us posted on how it goes, I think it's a fascinating area of work Smiley Happy

Pete PJ

arunrami
Pyrite | Level 9
Thanks @rubricsinger for your response , ya I will update once I done with my project !!
Spar_Steve
SAS Employee

This is an interesting project. I know that there has also been work done for a demo with the Muse device to convert brain "signals" to commands for use with SAS. If you think this sort of project would be helpful, I can provide more materials as needed. 

arunrami
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi @Spar_Steve , so the SAS suite is in development to make it incorporate only with Muse device ?(would be great if it can be used to read all type of eeg input )

is there any SAS suite which can perform good with signal processing and feature extraction ?

Spar_Steve
SAS Employee

The SAS ESP Suite and other technologies available in the SAS platform were used with the Muse as a demo, but that does not limit the input to just input from the Muse device. Other eeg input sources could be pre-processed and then analyzed by the SAS suite to look for insights into the data. Here is a paper on this very topic that may be useful, but my apologies if you've already seen this work presented at SAS Global Forum. 

Link to paper here: https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings14/1545-2014.pdf

Whether you're already using SAS Event Stream Processing or thinking about it, this is where you can connect with your peers, ask questions and find resources.

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation