BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Manije72
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I want to calculate sample size by SAS for a clinical trial study which use repeated measure ANOVA test. We want to obtain P interaction between time and treatment.

We have intervention and control group and three time point" baseline, 3 month, 6 month".

We want to see the effects of nut on systolic blood pressure (SBP) compare to control group. These are mean and stardand deviation :

nut : baseline :6±3    after three month:5±4   after 6 month: 4±2  

control : baseline :7±3    after three month:6±4   after 6 month: 5±2  

I want to use this code:

proc glmpower data=WellnessMult;
class Treatment;
weight ?;
model WellScore1 WellScore3 = Treatment;
repeated Time 3;
power
effects=(Treatment)
mtest = hlt
alpha = 0.05
power = .9
ntotal = .
stddev = ?
matrix ("WellCorr") = lear(0.85, 1, 3, 1 3 6)
corrmat = "WellCorr";
run;

I have question: what should I put for stddev? what should I put for weight? Is the code correct?

1 REPLY 1
jiltao
SAS Super FREQ

stddev= is the error standard deviation. Like the RMSE from an ANOVA model.

weight is the cell weight. If you have a balanced data, you should ignore this. Otherwise you would need to have a weight variable in your exemplary data set WellnessMult, representing the sample size "ratio" for each group, then specify that variable in the WEIGHT statement.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation