BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ElaineLiu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I understand you can use the macro %psmatch. However, I installed a lower version of sas and I cannot use the psmatch macro. I found another one called "psmatch_multi" from https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/0812-2017.pdf

My problem is that I need to match by group. For example, I want to match the treatment and control sample by gender, or by age, that is, the treatment and control will have the exact gender by age. Can someone help me on this issue? by using the psmatch_multi macro. Or, if you have other method, that would also be great(only propensity score matching).

Thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2
OsoGris
SAS Employee

You can use the PROC PSMATCH procedure but I would recommend using at least SAS9.4 (TS1M6) = SAS/STAT 15.1 release of SAS to get the most current syntax.  Check out the EXACT= option on the MATCH statement to provide exact values of categorical variables. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation