BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASUser_86
Calcite | Level 5

Per the following documentation, I used the following syntax to reference a profile stored under C:\Users\username\.aws\config https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=proc&docsetTarget=n1volodm4xnj3xn1s99poiemcha2.htm&docsetVer...

proc s3 region=useast profile="sas-profile";

SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1 is not recognizing the "profile" syntax. Typically, the text would turn blue / a text assist drop down would show profile as an option (i believe), but, I don't see it. 

sas.png

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Please check what version of SAS you are using to run the code. The version should be at the top of your session log. Or you can can check the automatic macro variable SYSVLONG.

%put &sysvlong;

It shouldn't matter what GUI tool you are using to submit the code to SAS nor what version number it is at.  Nor does it matter how the editor decides to color the text of your program.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Please check what version of SAS you are using to run the code. The version should be at the top of your session log. Or you can can check the automatic macro variable SYSVLONG.

%put &sysvlong;

It shouldn't matter what GUI tool you are using to submit the code to SAS nor what version number it is at.  Nor does it matter how the editor decides to color the text of your program.

SASUser_86
Calcite | Level 5

I ran the macro you mentioned and returned: 9.04.01M4P110916. Based on that info, it is an earlier version that would not support some of the optional arguments listed here: https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=proc&docsetTarget=n1volodm4xnj3xn1s99poiemcha2.htm&docsetVer...

But, I'm a bit confused. When I completed the installation, the installation was for 9.4:

Screenshot 2020-09-14 093016.png

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation