BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AbdulazizAbaoud
Calcite | Level 5

Greetings, I am working on survey data for my dissertation and I completely using SAS on demand studio for conducting my analyses. My main aim is to evaluate a mediational relationships. After reading different sources I found out that the best approach is to examine the indirect effect of the independent variable on the dependent variable via the mediator.

I read about the Proc Causalmed statement and tried to work on it. However, the statement does not look to be working with me. I cannot do anything with it and therefore cannot perform the procedure.

Another question is about the application of survey weights, strata, and clusters for the analysis. I am not sure if this is applicable or not?

Please I need your help to conduct the analysis and if there is another approach for a mediation analysis besides the Baron and Kenny approach (three regression models) that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @AbdulazizAbaoud ,

Please submit :

proc causalmed; run;

It should say this in the LOG (or something similar) :

1    proc causalmed; run;
NOTE: Writing HTML Body file: sashtml.htm
ERROR: There is not a default input data set (_LAST_ is _NULL_).

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE CAUSALMED used (Total process time):
      real time           0.77 seconds
      cpu time            0.21 seconds

If that is what the LOG says, YOU CAN USE PROC CAUSALMED.

Thanks,

Koen

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation