BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lsak
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

I am trying to figure out the prevalence of MDROs in urban and rural communities in my state. My professors say I need the proportion with 95% CI for which I am using the following code:

proc freq data=thesis order=data;

tables RUCA_3CAT*mdro_res / chisq relrisk;
exact pchi or;

title 'RUCA MDRO RES';
run;

***ruca_3cat is the variable for where the participants live and mdro_res is for MDRO results

I am not sure I am using the right thing for this, specially as this is not giving me odds ratios. Can someone help with this? 

Thanks, 
LSAK

3 REPLIES 3
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ
That should certainly give you odds ratios but only if the both variables have only two levels.
ballardw
Super User

What does the LOG show when you run that code?

I suspect you are getting something like:

NOTE: OR estimates are computed only for 2x2 tables.

Which means that if you want confidence limits of the odds ratios then Proc Freq is not appropriate. Which if you want confidence limits on odds ratios likely points to Proc Logistic.

One suspects that a variable with the bit _3CAT in the name may refer to a variable with 3 category levels.

Reeza
Super User

And if you do have more than two categories, you need to use PROC LOGISTIC instead.

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings12/427-2012.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Zh-tal7Og

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation