BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
river1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, please can you direct me to where I can find more information about the data used to create the maps.nz dataset. I can not find what level of data is in the ID variable or even the level of the long/lat. The data doesn't appear to be domicile codes, my data is grouped by domicile codes or even DHBs which is what I am after.

Thank you so much 

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

The MAPS.NZ2 will have information about the ID values. It contains Island, Region and IdName which have values that look like city or district names. Being a yank I have no idea what a domicile code or DHB might be.

Most of the map data sets provided by SAS include political areas.

The Lat and Long, as do the X and Y variables, are points on the area boundary.

To map with the MAPS.NZ or MAPSGSF.NZ or other data sets in those libraries you would need to use another data source to provide lat/long values for your domicile code and project them to the map data set.

If your domicile code is similar to the US Zipcode, which represents a postal delivery area that may be a few city blocks or several hundred square miles an example of plotting points on a large area map is at : https://support.sas.com/kb/42/426.html  SAS provides a data set that allows a look up of Zip code to geographic center of the area in lat/long terms. You likely need a similar data set.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation