BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kyra
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I need help in interpreting multinomial logistic regression. Please find attached my SAS output.

Exposure  pills is number of pills prescribed which is continuous.

Outcome  pillsconsumed is pills consumed in categories. It is divided in three categories:

0: no pills consumed,

1: 1-10 pills consumed

2:  10+ pills consumed

My code is

proc logistic data=new;
class pillsconsumed (ref = "0") /param=reference;
model pillsconsumed = pills / link = glogit;
run;

Thanks a lot in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cminard
Obsidian | Level 7

An increase of 1 pill prescribed is associated with a 1.033 fold increased odds of consuming 1-10 pills compared with no pills.

An increase of 1 pill prescribed is associated with a 1.053 fold increased odds of consuming 10+ pills compared with no pills.

But this analysis seems a bit odd practically speaking.  Maybe agreement (ie, kappa)?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cminard
Obsidian | Level 7

An increase of 1 pill prescribed is associated with a 1.033 fold increased odds of consuming 1-10 pills compared with no pills.

An increase of 1 pill prescribed is associated with a 1.053 fold increased odds of consuming 10+ pills compared with no pills.

But this analysis seems a bit odd practically speaking.  Maybe agreement (ie, kappa)?

Kyra
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you very much! Our dataset has pills consumed in categories and not continuous that is why we had to analyze this way.

thanks

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation