BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bhr-q
Quartz | Level 8

Hello all,

I have 20 patients with the survey, including the Likert scale; I want to have a "Wilcoxson sign rand test" to do comparison for total score not the sub-score; is that correct to say the total score is the total of each row for the Likert scale?

pre_ Q1   ………..pre_Q5         total_pre                 post_Q1 ………….. post_Q5       total_post

or should I add  up the  ordinal data associated with each value sentiment? 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Typically done with LIkert scales when all of the points use the same the scale.

Since you didn't provide any definitions of any of the scales for your responses hard to say.

Similar, if the Pre and post use the same scales then direct comparison is typically done. If the Post scales are not the same as the Pre scales then you are swimming in very muddy waters.

bhr-q
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for your answer, pre and post are using the same questions  and all 5 question's answer  for pre and post are like this:

Very Much Improved
Much Improved
Minimally Improved
No Change
Minimally Worse
Much Worse
Very Much Worse

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation