BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Gilles-Protais
Obsidian | Level 7

Excuse me, I wisdh to get the sas file for GEEGOR.mac; how can I get it thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User
Assuming you don't have institutional access to the article or does the article not contain the code?
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0169260798000637?via%3Dihub
Gilles-Protais
Obsidian | Level 7

actually i have access to this article but it does not contain the source code for  GEEGOR.mac that is why am asking the file,.

this is the code I found in the article, so it shows I need the the GEEGOR.mac file

% "c:\geegor.mac";
%multrpm(dataset=longil_cat,id=id, margin=1, co=1,y=bmi_cat,x=time **bleep**e sex smoking,numcov=5,xcorr=**bleep**e sex ,pc=1, maxit=50,criteria=0.00001);
Reeza
Super User
Sorry, none of my searches (lexjansen, github, standard google) appear to show the code.

Given that it's more than 25 years old and PROC GEE now does support correlated data, I would consider asking if that would also work for ordinal data (I don't know the answer to that) or possibly try and contacting the authors.

Or hopefully someone else has the code 🙂
Gilles-Protais
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks 😊 for your reply and concern
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ
The reference in the abstract stating the GEEGOR models "the association of ordered categorical responses within a cluster using the global odds ratio as a measure of association" sounds to me like the Alternating Logistic Regressions (ALR) capability that is available in the GENMOD and GEE procedures. See the discussion of the ALR method in the GENMOD documentation.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation