BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jesse_C
Calcite | Level 5
We have recently been trying to use the zero-one inflated beta regression macros that you was published in conjunction with SAS Global Forum 2012; they have been very helpful in more accurately modelling the Loss Given Default (LGD) data that we encounter!

I am puzzled by something we have observed, and was hoping someone might have some suggestions as to how to proceed.

In our dataset, the probability of the zero and one outcomes are ~55% and ~22% respectively.  After modelling, the average predicted probabilities are ~71% and ~48% respectively.  I am surprised that: (i) the predicted probabilities appear to be biased (i.e., they are not replicating the observed probabilities in the dataset); and (ii) that they sum to >100%, which is obviously impossible.

We want to use the model to make forecasts, but given the 'raw' predictions this would obviously result in overestimation.  I am thinking of making some simple adjustments (i.e., applying ratios of 55%/71% and 22%/48% to model predictions), but I am wondering whether someone might have some other suggestions that we should consider.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation