BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Marion83
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everybody

I want to thank you in advance for reading my post! ....and I hope my question is appropriate!

I am in a bit of a pickle!

I have been conducting a longitudinal study for my PhD. I followed children born 2010 and 2011 for three years collecting data on various symptoms, such as ADHD, externalizing behavior problems, emotion dysregulation etc. I started my data collection when the children where finishing their last year at preschool and ended my data collection when they finished 2nd grade in elementary school. I used both online questionnaires which parents and teachers answered about the children and also diagnostic interview I administered to parents of children who where reported above the cut-off score on any of the online questionnaires.

Now I want to explore if emotion dysregulation at time 1 is predicting behavior problems at time 3. What do you think is appropriate analysis for that - I have been looking at, for example, Latent Growth Model, Partial Least Squares, Discriminant Analysis Functioning. Should I be looking at something else and should I focus on linear models or non-linear models?

Thank you for reading my looooong post!

2 REPLIES 2
Ksharp
Super User

If you are in Pharmacy field , try PROC GLIMMIX or PROC MIXED for longitual data .

Marion83
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you very much - I will look into that 🙂

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation