BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tan1721
Fluorite | Level 6

Following is the histogram and Q-Q plot of deceleration data retrieved from driving simulator experiment. For this non- normally distributed data, I am using generalized linear mixed model to analyze the impact of gender and age on the deceleration rate. but the analysis is not working if I specify the distribution type as gamma, it is working only if I specify the data as normal. In that case, which distribution I should specify in GLMM? Does it become linear mixed model if the distribution is specified as normal in proc glimmix? bEVuY.pngBNpiv.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

You might want to see if the gamma distribution works reasonably well with the absolute value of your variable. See this note if the absolute value of the variable contains zeros.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

You might want to see if the gamma distribution works reasonably well with the absolute value of your variable. See this note if the absolute value of the variable contains zeros.

tan1721
Fluorite | Level 6

It worked.  I had to increase the iteration numbers as well.

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation