BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
towfique25
Calcite | Level 5
For my dissertation, I have a pooled national dataset (Behavioral risk factor surveillance system) which is a weighted complex survey data.
My study outcome is binary and I am trying to do weighted multilevel modeling (MLM) using this complex survey data and I am using the PROC GLIMMIX procedure available in SAS 9.4.

In my model, I am trying to analyze a subsample consisting of non-pregnant and who are Latino and Asian Americans. 
I know the weighted Glimmix syntax in SAS does not take the "Domain" command line and hence I could not use the "Flag" variable to subsample the data.

I can and have used the "Where" or 'By' command in the syntax and it is giving me results, but I know it may be giving me biased results.

I need to find an accurate way to subsample data from my main large dataset while doing PROC GLIMMIX weighted MLM with survey data.
STATA has 'subpop' option in this case but I cannot use STATA because my original dataset is too large (2300000 observations) and STATA cannot take it.

I have been trying to find a solution for the last 2 months but could not find a reasonable and accurate way.
If you can find me a solution, I will be grateful.

1 REPLY 1
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

In this paper, the analysis of domains, sometimes called subpopulations, is discussed.
The examples are on ordinary least squares regression and logistic regression , but maybe you can 'extrapolate' to GLIMMIX.

Analysis of Complex Survey Data with SAS®
Christine R. Wells, Ph.D., UCLA, Los Angeles, CA

https://www.lexjansen.com/wuss/2017/133_Final_Paper_PDF.pdf

Look also here :

https://support.sas.com/rnd/app/stat/procedures/SurveyAnalysis.html

All SURVEYxxxxx procedures support domain analysis / subpopulation analysis.

BR,

Koen

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation