BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Scottie_T
Calcite | Level 5

I have attached the code I have used to generate the outputs in the pdf below. 

I am struggling to find the right statements in my forecasts that would accurately forecast November 2020 and further months.Covid-19 has impacted the data and created a new level starting March 2020 to October 2020. This new level should be the starting point I know but I want to apply this level at the seasonality shown in 2017 through 2019. 

All of which routinely shows November and December taking a big dip from October. The drop from October to November in the years 2017 to 2019 is around 6,000. So I would expect to create a forecast that could predict November being between 22k and 25k. I would want to forecast for 12 months and show the trend gradually getting back to pre covid volumes. 

Thank you SAS community!

ods graphics on;
proc arima data=Nonship_Labor_Combined_Date plots(only)=(forecast(forecast forecastonly));
identify var=trans;
estimate p=1 q=1;
/*outlier type=(ls tc(6 12)) alpha=0.001 sigma=mse maxnum= 5 id=new_date; */
forecast lead=12 interval=month id=new_date nooutall out=results;
run;
quit;

ods graphics on;
proc ucm data=shift_trans plots=all;
id new_date interval=month;
model trans = shiftMar2020;
level;
slope variance=0 noest;season length=12 type=trig print=smooth;
irregular;
estimate;
forecast lead=12 print= (decomp forecasts);
run;

3 REPLIES 3
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I would recommend you re-post/move this to the Forecast and Econometrics community, where the question will be seen by people more familiar with the procedures in SAS/ETS.

SteveDenham

Ksharp
Super User
Plz post it at Forecasting Forum . It is under SAS/ETS
Ksharp
Super User
Plz post it at Forecasting Forum . It is under SAS/ETS

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation