BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nobuyuki
Calcite | Level 5

Hi.

I'm interested in a biomarker.

The biomarker have been shown to be associated with worse outcomes (time-to-event) (the higher the biomarker is, the worse prognosis).

However, some therapeutic interventions increase the biomarker levels.

So, I suspect that the biomarker is beneficial, and the increase in the biomarker levels indicates better outcomes.

Here, we have dataset including repeated measurements of the biomarker and other variables at 2-3 time points (at baseline, 1-year, and 2-year).

Also, the dataset have information about time-to-event.

Time-dependent cox regression model is not appropriate, because it only showed that "the higher, the worse".

It does not provide me "what the changes in the biomarker affect the outcomes".

I'd like to know how I should analyze and how to do it with SAS.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Nobuyuki

2 REPLIES 2
japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Please don't multi-post.
Nobuyuki
Calcite | Level 5

You mean post at Japan SAS discussion?

I just want comments both from international colleagues and Japanese colleagues.

But if it is inappropriate, I will delete the Japanese one.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation