BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BTAinRVA
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Everybody!

Does anyone know:

1) How much is too much when it comes to censoring and survival analysis

2) Does Proc Lifetest have any means of dealing with highly censored data?

Thanks,

Brian

1 REPLY 1
svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 svh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I'm not sure there is a simple answer to this problem. The data are the data, and some events of interest can be low frequency. I'm assuming the data are right-censored, meaning that the subjects were lost to follow-up or the observation period ended before the event of interest happened. If much of the data was censored, perhaps the interveal of observation need to be longer to look for the event? Or, if there is an effect of interest, perhaps a power analysis can determine the number of necessary events needed to detect the effect of interest (e.g., the reduction of the hazard ratio by a certain amount). 

I am not aware of options in PROC LIFETEST that address this. I've only used LIFETEST to describe the data (e.g., make Kaplan Meier curves or life tables).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation