BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Naviava1973
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I am working to fit an SEM model in which the dependent variable is binary. I am looking for literature on PROC CALIS for fitting SEM models where the dependent variable is binary. I look forward to any advise.

2 REPLIES 2
plf515
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Does this usage note from SAS help?

http://support.sas.com/kb/22/529.html
Naviava1973
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi All,
I am building an SEM model using PROC CALIS PATH analysis.
My dependent variable is HIV Status i.e either positive or negative.
Some of my other variables are categorical/binary e.g condom use (0/1), pregnant_ever (0/1)
In the model I put together, it seems to run but with the following error that suggests a poor fit "WARNING: Standard errors and t values might not be accurate with the use of the Moore-Penrose inverse."
I was wondering if someone can advise me on the best way to fix this error...or point me to some relevant literature fitting SEM PATH with a categorical dependent variable.

26 ods results on;
27 ods graphics on;
28 proc calis data=new_sib method=wls plots=pathdiagram;
29 path
37 IPV <--- violence,
38 client <--- violence,
39 police <--- violence,
40 childhood <--- violence,
42 ptsd <--- mental,
43 depression <--- mental,
49 binge_drinking <--- mental,
50 hiv <--- binge_drinking,
51 hiv <--- age_firstsw,
52 hiv <--- education,
53 hiv <--- born,
54 hiv <--- condom_use,
56 hiv <--- pregnant_ever;
2 The SAS System 17:13 Saturday, February 15, 2020
66 pathdiagram
67 diagram=standard;
68 fitindex on(only) = [chisq df probchi rmsea cn srmsr bentlercfi agfi] noindextype;
70 run;

WARNING: 74 of 3005 observations in data set WORK.NEW_SIB omitted due to missing values.
NOTE: Convergence criterion (GCONV=1E-8) satisfied.
NOTE: The Moore-Penrose inverse is used in computing the covariance matrix for parameter estimates.
WARNING: Standard errors and t values might not be accurate with the use of the Moore-Penrose inverse.
NOTE: PROCEDURE CALIS used (Total process time):
real time 2.01 seconds
cpu time 1.14 seconds

71 ods graphics on;
72 ods results off;

Regards

Kennedy Otwombe

------
This email has been scanned for spam and malware by The Email Laundry.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation