BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
microdire27
Fluorite | Level 6

Is it possible to stratify when you only have two levels? For instance, my outcome is sleep duration, while my exposure is read to. I am trying to determine if the third variable ADHD severity would modify the relationship between sleep duration and read to. All three are categorical variables. See below

Sleep Duration(1= Meet requirement, 2= do not meet)

Read to (1= 0-3 days, 2= 4-6 days, and 3= Every day)

ADHD Severity(  1= Mild and 2= Moderate/Severe)

My question is, is it possible to stratify based on ADHD severity. I think it is not possible since one of the levels of ADHD severity has to be a reference group. My current analysis did not stratify based on the level of ADHD severity (See attached  SAS output). I need clarification and if possible what is the appropriate SAS code. Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
microdire27
Fluorite | Level 6

Is it possible to stratify when you only have two levels? For instance, my outcome is sleep duration, while my exposure is read to. I am trying to determine if the third variable ADHD severity would modify the relationship between sleep duration and read to. All three are categorical variables. See below

Sleep Duration(1= Meet requirement, 2= do not meet)

Read to (1= 0-3 days, 2= 4-6 days, and 3= Every day)

ADHD Severity(  1= Mild and 2= Moderate/Severe)

My question is, is it possible to stratify based on ADHD severity. I think it is not possible since one of the levels of ADHD severity has to be a reference group. My current analysis did not stratify based on the level of ADHD severity (See attached  SAS output). I need clarification and if possible what is the appropriate SAS code. Thanks. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation