BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Defense
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I'm glad you got a response that answers your question. You should select the best response (not your own) as The Solution.

After thinking about this problem, I wrote a short article that shows that you can also solve the problem by using a Beta distribution. The problem does not have a unique solution, so you need to add an additional constraint if you want uniqueness.

See the article, "Simulate from a bounded distribution that has a specified mean."

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Simulating data with given (raw) moments, like mean -- variance -- covariance ...
Here's how you can do that !

Creating Synthetic Data with SAS/OR
By Jared Erickson on Operations Research with SAS May 17, 2017
https://blogs.sas.com/content/operations/2017/05/17/creating-synthetic-data-sasor/

Koen

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I respectfully disagree. That method (constrained optimization) is not a good way to simulate data.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 9 in conversation