BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
antor82
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all

is there a macro/code that mimics in SAS what pROC and bootLR do in R?

my aim is to calculate bootstrap threshold, sensitivity, specificity, LT+ and LR- along with 95% CI

Tks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
8 REPLIES 8
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@antor82 wrote:

is there a macro/code that mimics in SAS what pROC and bootLR do in R?

What do pROC and bootLR do?

--
Paige Miller
antor82
Obsidian | Level 7
bootLR Computes the (positive/negative) likelihood ratio with appropriate, bootstrapped confidence intervals

pROC computes threshold sensitivity and specificity for a given value with appropriate, bootstrapped confidence intervals
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Normally, a likelihood ratio is computed to test to see if a statistic is significantly different than some quantity ... what statistic is being tested, and in what context?

Normally, bootstrap confidence intervals are computed to see some measure of variability of a particular statistic ... what statistic is being tested, and in what context?

--
Paige Miller
antor82
Obsidian | Level 7
I’m testing if a new parameter is predictive of an outcome.
My sample size is small (60 patients).
Other authors did the same and provided AUC, cut-off (with corresponding sensibility, specificity, LR+ and -) calculated after bootstrapping
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I’m testing if a new parameter is predictive of an outcome.

Some sort of regression??? A decision tree??? A Neural Network??? What is the exact type of model?

Other authors did the same and provided AUC, cut-off (with corresponding sensibility, specificity, LR+ and -) calculated after bootstrapping

Logistic regression?? Decision tree?? Neural Network?? Other???

--
Paige Miller
antor82
Obsidian | Level 7
Logistic regression
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Rick_SAS has written the definitive guide to bootstrapping in SAS

https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2018/12/12/essential-guide-bootstrapping-sas.html

--
Paige Miller
antor82
Obsidian | Level 7
Tks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation