BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
samme
Calcite | Level 5

Hello!

I have been instructed to use the paper by Craswell et al. (1995) to calculate economic significance.  For audit fee levels, I've been instructed to use the formula by Craswell et al. 1995 (e^b -1).  

I am not sure how to approach this in SAS.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
art297
Opal | Level 21

Are you trying to do something similar to what the authors did in the tollowing paper: https://implementationscience.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13012-016-0427-1  ?

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

samme
Calcite | Level 5
My analysis is related to audit fees. I am new to all of this and am really not sure what I'm being asked to do.
Reeza
Super User

@samme wrote:
My analysis is related to audit fees. I am new to all of this and am really not sure what I'm being asked to do.

Neither are we 🙂

ballardw
Super User

@samme wrote:

Help?

If you can post a link to the actual paper someone may be able to help.

As it is you have shown a formula but we have no idea how any of your data may relate to the variables mentioned in that forumula or if any of those variables are supposed to be something like a sum of values from your data or what.

Reeza
Super User

@samme wrote:

Help?

I think you have unfair expectations for this forum. 

You have a problem that you don't know how to solve. YOU need to determine what needs to be done first - that's the hardest part of programming to be honest. I think you'll need to talk to your professor or supervisor for more details first and then go from there. If you're new to something it's perfectly acceptable to ask for help. As your question is phrased now you're asking us to:

1. Look up and read referenced papers

2. Make guesses on your data structure

3. Determine what your requirements are

4. Provide suggestions or code on your problem. 

5. Wait for someone with enough experience in exactly your problem and who understands it enough to answer quickly. This happens but you'll wait a lot longer for an answer. 

This is way beyond what you can expect for this and any other forum.

Please review the guidelines on how to ask a good question:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-ask-a-question-in-SAS-Analytics-U-Comm...

If you post more details, and what you have so far, we can help you a lot. But given what you've stated so far, it's more work than an internet user is likely to provide for free. Hiring a contractor for help is another option, there are contractors on here who are well versed in finance topics. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation