BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi,

I am getting below error after migrating to SAS 9.4 from 9.3 while running proc stdrate

ERROR: Floating Point Zero Divide.

ERROR: Termination due to Floating Point Exception

I can see there are no zero values in the respected column.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@sewa_bal_gmail_com wrote:

@ballardw  Thanks

What do you mean by "I would look to see if any of your By variable groups have other variable(s) with all value identical."

The redacted part of the image should tell you which BY group to look at.

It might be that you have some group where the standard deviation is almost zero and it is confusing SAS.

If you can't figure it out you can open a ticket with SAS support to do more detailed analysis.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Show the code or better the code with the error messages from the log.

sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

@ballardw 

Thanks

Here is a log. It worked very well in 9.3

sewa_bal_gmail_com_1-1589227075654.png

ballardw
Super User

@ballardw 

Thanks

Here is a log. It worked very well in 9.3

sewa_bal_gmail_com_1-1589227075654.png

Was this run against the exact same data set? If not then very likely there is something different in the data.

That does not show the code run with options so very limited. So the places to look are extremely limited from the amount of information we have to work with.

I would look to see if any of your By variable groups have other variable(s) with all value identical. But that is a guess.

sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

@ballardw  Thanks

What do you mean by "I would look to see if any of your By variable groups have other variable(s) with all value identical."

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@ballardw  Thanks

The redacted part of the image should tell you which BY group to look at.

It might be that you have some group where the standard deviation is almost zero and it is confusing SAS.

If you can't figure it out you can open a ticket with SAS support to do more detailed analysis.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation