BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ferdz
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi!

I'm just wondering if there is any other way of extracting "robust means" and "robust sigmas" of multiple units/rows, other than from individual Distribution >> Summary Statistics.

I'm looking on a tabulated form similar to Cols >> Columns viewer >> Summary statistics

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ferdz
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks @PaigeMiller 

I figured there is no other way but to do the computation.

1.  Quartiles can be enabled in Summary Statistics;  Columns View >>> Show Quartiles

Will Show MEDIAN, LOWER QUARTILE and UPPER QUARTILE

2. From here;

Robust mean = Median

Robust Std Dev = (Upper Quartile - Lower Quartile)/1.35

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ferdz
Fluorite | Level 6

Sample from Columns Viewer

Columns viewer Mean SDColumns viewer Mean SD

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

PROC UNIVARIATE can compute trimmed means and robust estimates of scale for columns (variables) in a SAS data step.

I am not aware of a way to do this for "multiple units/rows", but you could transpose your rows into columns and then run PROC UNIVARIATE.

--
Paige Miller
Ferdz
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks @PaigeMiller 

I figured there is no other way but to do the computation.

1.  Quartiles can be enabled in Summary Statistics;  Columns View >>> Show Quartiles

Will Show MEDIAN, LOWER QUARTILE and UPPER QUARTILE

2. From here;

Robust mean = Median

Robust Std Dev = (Upper Quartile - Lower Quartile)/1.35

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Ferdz said:

there is no other way...

But there are other ways to do this in SAS. PROC UNIVARIATE can compute robust means and robust variances, which are different than what you explain.

--
Paige Miller

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation