BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
noetsi
Obsidian | Level 7

I am not sure if this is possible, but I hope so given the scale of the work.

I have a project in EG that has many, many program files. I show an example of one below.

noetsi_0-1646945621731.png

2nd has SQL code. The server location (folder) it was in no longer exists (it was deleted and moved, I am not in IT so the details are unknown to me). But the file 2nd still points to the now no longer existing server location.  I can't even open the 2nd file - I get an error and the file is blank. Is there a way to repoint all the files at once to the new location (it has a copy of all these files they just moved). Doing this one file at a time (which I don't know how to do either except I guess to save them one by one) would take a really long time. 

thanks for any help that can be provided.

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

You may have to clarify just how 2nd "points to a file" and what it does with the file.

Was it looking at a SAS data set in a Library?

And external database?

A literal file path?

A suggestion on the side: Document very carefully all the amount of time that you spend recovering this, or recreating if needed. Then share that information with management as an extra cost the project that was incurred by the IT changes that were not considered when what ever broke this happened.

Issues with IT making decisions that effect users and the data need to be brought up, otherwise you will have to repeat this again. And again. And again. Until the IT involves people properly.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

There is an option called "Project maintenance" in EG which allows a global change of servers. See if this can help you.

I can't go looking for you, as I no longer have access to an EG.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation