BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kabuto
Obsidian | Level 7

I want to set a reference level to each categorical variable when running the SURVEYREG procedure. The online manual indeed mentions that using the REF= option can define a reference level in the CLASS statement:

The SURVEYREG Procedure - CLASS statement 

Nonetheless, this option does not work in my program. The log window always shows syntax error:

Syntax_error.png

I knew that there is another way to set up reference levels by using the FORMAT procedure, while I am just wondering why the REF= option does not work as described in the SAS online manual? Any help is very appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User
What version of SAS/STAT do you have? Most likely you're on an older version that doesn't support this feature. You can check your version using:

proc product_status;run;
Kabuto
Obsidian | Level 7

Here is the version information from Base SAS Software and SAS/STAT

For Base SAS Software ...
Custom version information: 9.4_M2
Image version information: 9.04.01M2P072314
For SAS/STAT ...
Custom version information: 13.2

I noticed that the online manual is from SAS/STAT 15.1 User's Guide. Does that mean the REF= option only support SAS/STAT 15.1?

Kabuto
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes. I also just found that. Thank you very much. I will contact our IT department to see whether it can be upgraded.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation