BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ghes1
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

I am developing hierarchy forecast in SAS forecast studio to predict pickup volume. There is an issue with average reconciliation method. Based on historical data there are no days with zero volume, and SAS has a volume forecast for every days, but after reconciliation (Average method) it produce zero volume for some days. 

Is there any way that I can resolve the issue and prevent the zero volume forecast?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee

gcjfernandez_gmail_com_0-1628119582040.png

Please check:  ignore zero forecasting during reconciliation is checked 

ghes1
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the response. I checked the "ignore zero forecasting during reconciliation" and ran the project but still get the zero volume. 

gcjfernandez
SAS Employee

Please post the Forecast summary report:

gcjfernandez_gmail_com_0-1628206377877.png

ghes1
Calcite | Level 5

ghes1_0-1628254995336.png

gcjfernandez
SAS Employee

Based on the forecast summary chart more than 20% of the series are IDM. Please exclude these series and try again. By the way what reconciliation method you are using? 

ghes1
Calcite | Level 5

Sure, I'll do that. I am using Top-down reconciliation.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation