nloptions gconv=0.01;
run;
--
Paige Miller
4 REPLIES 4
mgx
Obsidian | Level 7 mgx
Obsidian | Level 7

I need the cumulative probit link for my model. I noticed the following error in the log: 

mgx_0-1673273369200.png

Hence, I think it is not possible in SAS.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@mgx wrote:

I need the cumulative probit link for my model. I noticed the following error in the log: 

As far as I know, this is correct. The REF= in the MODEL statement works only for binary or generalized logit models. But even if you don't like the choice of REF=, the predicted values and all other model statistics are correct, and the relationship between the response intercepts is also correctly computed.

--
Paige Miller
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I can't find the original post, but I don't see any reason that a cumulative problit link would not be valid with DIST=MULTINOMIAL. Note that for either cumulative link, the first category is assumed to be the reference in this parameterization. If you want to compare somehow to a different level as a reference and still use a cumulative link, you will probably have to use an LSMEANS statement with the diff option, or (much better) use an LSMESTIMATE statement. Comparisons will be on the linked scale. If you want comparisons on the original scale, you ought to look into the NLmeans and NLest macros.  @StatDave has posted many times about this.

However, since I don't see the original post, and @PaigeMiller 's response refers to the use of a generalized logit, I think that maybe your data does not really reflect an ordinal scale, which would then require the use of a reference category.

SteveDenham

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I don't know what happened, but somehow when I replied to an earlier thread, it showed up as a new thread, but with title "Re: Glimmix for ordinal data", the "Re:" indicating it was intended as a reply. Perhaps the forum has a poltergeist.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation