BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
niki0209
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear SAS community,

I am trying to perform propensity score matching on a dataset, where treatment is not randomly assigned.

I have used the PSMATCH procedure to compute a dataset of matched observations including their propensity scores, and all the guides I've read now state that: "If you assume that no other confounding variables are associated with both the response variable and the treatment group indicator, then after the response variable is observed and added to the matched data set, you can use the same outcome analysis on this matched data set as you would have used on the original data set".

Can someone tell me how exactly such an outcome analysis would look in practice? The way I understand it, I can now simply regress the effect of X on Y using OLS and controlling only for the observations' propensity score - thus not controlling for the covariates I used to estimate the propensity score. Is this accurate? Or have I missed something?

I hope someone can help me.

Kind regards

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation