BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jbraun
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear community

I am quite rusty since I haven't used SAS for several years. I am simply trying to figure out if I can use PROC LOGISTIC on panel data. So far I have found some documentation for TSCSREG for regression models om panel data but it does not mention logistic models and PROC LOGISTIC also doesn't seem to mention panel data anywhere. 

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jacob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

A logistic model on data containing clusters of correlated observations can be fit using the REPEATED statement in PROC GEE (or PROC GENMOD, but PROC GEE is the newer procedure and preferred for this type of model). Another option is to fit a random effects model in PROC GLIMMIX. See the example in the Getting Started section in any of these procedure's documentation.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Is this relevant:

Example 117.2 The Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS)

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.4/statug/statug_surveylogistic_examples02.ht...

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services conducts the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS) to produce national and regional estimates of various aspects of health care. The MEPS has a complex sample design that includes both stratification and clustering. The sampling weights are adjusted for nonresponse and raked with respect to population control totals from the Current Population Survey. See the MEPS (2006) and Machlin, Yu, and Zodet (2005) for details.

In this example, the 1999 full-year consolidated data file HC-038 (MEPS HC-038, 2002) from the MEPS is used to investigate the relationship between medical insurance coverage and the demographic variables. The data can be downloaded directly from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Web site athttps://meps.ahrq.gov/mepsweb/data_stats/download_data_files_detail.jsp?cboPufNumber=HC-038in either ASCII format or SAS transport format. The Web site includes a detailed description of the data as well as the SAS program used to access and format it.

@Jbraun wrote:

Dear community

I am quite rusty since I haven't used SAS for several years. I am simply trying to figure out if I can use PROC LOGISTIC on panel data. So far I have found some documentation for TSCSREG for regression models om panel data but it does not mention logistic models and PROC LOGISTIC also doesn't seem to mention panel data anywhere. 

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jacob

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

A logistic model on data containing clusters of correlated observations can be fit using the REPEATED statement in PROC GEE (or PROC GENMOD, but PROC GEE is the newer procedure and preferred for this type of model). Another option is to fit a random effects model in PROC GLIMMIX. See the example in the Getting Started section in any of these procedure's documentation.

Jbraun
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you, much appreciated!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation