BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Forecaster
Obsidian | Level 7

Proc UCM has a new feature called TF (Experimental).

SAS Help Center: TF Statement

I have SAS ETS 14.1 in 9.4 (TS1M3).

Is there a way to get an updated Proc UCM (15.2 I believe) in the same environment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please note that SAS licensing rules enable you to upgrade to the latest release, SAS 9.4M8, at no cost. It is simply a matter of requesting a current SAS Software depot from SAS which comes via a download link. Assuming you are using SAS installed on a PC, it is simply then a matter of running the SAS Install Wizard to upgrade to the current release.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Season
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I am afraid not. You have to have access to the latest version for using this function.

I was using SAS 9.4 TS1M2, which did not contain the GAMPL procedure. I had to travel to the headquarters of my institution, where the person in charge of keeping the latest SAS install package was, to have my SAS updated to TS1M5 to use the GAMPL procedure. If you do not have access to the latest version, then you may search on the web to see if there are SAS macros that perform similarly. Or you could compose codes by yourself.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please note that SAS licensing rules enable you to upgrade to the latest release, SAS 9.4M8, at no cost. It is simply a matter of requesting a current SAS Software depot from SAS which comes via a download link. Assuming you are using SAS installed on a PC, it is simply then a matter of running the SAS Install Wizard to upgrade to the current release.

Season
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

That is an interesting piece of information! I wonder how the download link of the "current SAS Software depot from SAS which comes" can be obtained. Should I contact the administrator of my institution? If that is the case, then I am sorry that your solution does not work in my institution. The administrator of my instiution hardly know anything about the details of SAS purchase other than the fact that we have SAS available. It is also mandatory for us to go to the headquarters and fetch the entire install package.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Your administrator is likely the person who manages the SAS licences and relationship with SAS. In my experience, a SAS administrator can just request a current SAS Software Depot from their SAS account manager. It arrives as an emailed software order containing download instructions. 

Season
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you! That is another piece of useful information!

By the way, I think too little information regarding the purchase and updating is provided on the website of SAS. Currently, when one contacts the local SAS company, he or she is often advised to consult the SAS administrator of his or her institution or contact technical support via e-mail. Unfortunately, SAS is not the only issue the administrator is in charge of and therefore the administrators himself/herself is also unaware of such details. On the other hand, contacting the technical support via e-mail is not only troubled by the lag between sending the e-mail and receiving the reply, but is, on many occasions, exposed to the risk of never receiving the reply from the technical support team. Details like the one you have just mentioned should be put on the web for easy retrieval.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you want to communicate with SAS Tech Support, then I'd suggest opening a track via support.sas.com. I've never had a track ignored or not responded to satisfactorily or in a reasonable timeframe using this channel. It is however important that you include your SAS site number in the communication (PROC SETINIT provides this).

Season
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank you again! That is another wonderfully useful piece of information! I am going to try out your method the next time I encounter problems.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation