BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
zz109
Calcite | Level 5

I used Proc Mixed statements to run multiple path analyses to test the direct and indirect effects of my two IVs and two mediators on three DVs (2x2 within-between mixed experimental design).

One of the p-values associated with these paths was close to .05, and the reviewer raised a concern of experimental-wise type 1 error. I think family-wise type 1 error should be the concern of this case. I wonder whether the Proc Mixed procedures provide any statement or (default) function to adjust p-values to control the family-wise type1 error issue. Thanks a lot for any suggestions and help!

2 REPLIES 2
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

@zz109 wrote:

I wonder whether the Proc Mixed procedures provide any statement or (default) function to adjust p-values to control the family-wise type1 error issue. Thanks a lot for any suggestions and help!

I do not think so.
The p-values in PROC MIXED are "raw" (i.e. unadjusted).

Maybe you can have a look into MULTTEST Procedure.
SAS® 9.4 and SAS® Viya® 3.5 Programming Documentation | SAS 9.4 / Viya 3.5
SAS/STAT User's Guide
The MULTTEST Procedure
p-Value Adjustments
Familywise Error Rate Controlling Adjustments
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/statug/statug_multtest_details11.htm

Cheers,

Koen

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Could you post the code you are using?  I believe you can get family-wise adjustments of p values for differences between lsmeans using the ADJUST= option in the LSMEANS/LSMESTIMATE/ESTIMATE/CONTRAST statement, but it will depend on how you frame the comparisons.  It may also require a GROUP= option for the random or repeated effect.

SteveDenham

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation