BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pkfamily
Obsidian | Level 7

Is it possible to use weights in the Generalized Additive Models procedure in SAS 9.4? It doesn't seem like the weight statement is available like it is in proc GENMOD or proc GLM. Perhaps it's due to a statistical reason I'm not fully grasping... Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

There is the FREQ statement but that would require integer weights.

There is the GAMPL procedure, which uses different methodology but does support weights. http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statug_hpgam_overview02.htm&docsetVersion...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

There is the FREQ statement but that would require integer weights.

There is the GAMPL procedure, which uses different methodology but does support weights. http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statug_hpgam_overview02.htm&docsetVersion...
pkfamily
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks! I'll look into GAMPL, as I will likely use fractional weights in my future analyses. I still would like a method to implement weights in GAM since all my past analyses were performed in that proc.
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I suggest that you do not use PROC GAM anymore. Switch to using PROC GAMPL, which is much more efficient. You can read an overview and see an example of PROC GAMPL.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation