BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
unnati
Obsidian | Level 7

questions;

1. Use an appropriate model to test whether there is an interaction between the plasma inorganic phosphate level measured at 10 minutes and whether or not the patient is obese. Make sure to write down your interaction model and state your conclusion.

2. Does the plasma inorganic phosphate level measured at 10 minutes confounds the association between the plasma inorganic phosphate level measured at 3 hours and whether or not the patient is obese?

3. Is there a difference in average plasma inorganic phosphate level measured at 3 hours between the control and obese patients after controlling for the measurement at 10 minutes?

I have use PROC GLM but i am not sure how to interpret this graph base on above questions. can anyone help me to understand this graph.

ods graphics on;
proc glm data=pip plot=meanplot(cl);
class group;
model level_3hr = group /solution;
lsmeans group/pdiff=all adjust=tukey cl;
run;
ods graphics off;

output:-

output.JPG

DiffPlot.pngoutput.JPG

1 REPLY 1
sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

This blog post by Rick Wicklin may help you interpret the diffogram.

In my opinion, of the 3 questions you list, only #3 is specified clearly enough to define a statistical model. I don't really know what to make of the other two; I don't find them to be very clearly written. #2 seems to be redundant to #3, and #1 is just puzzling.

The model you posted is not a model I would use to answer question #3.

I hope this helps.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation