BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ssulli11
Calcite | Level 5

Good evening!

I am new to using the proc power procedures and am having difficulties getting started.

I am looking to do a sample size power analysis for a logistic regression and Chi-square analysis.  I have found the following online, but am still quite lost.

Is there anyone that has a good simple procedure with some minor explanation to get me started?  I simply want to know what sample size I need for sufficient power in my analysis. 

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings/pdfs/sgf2008/368-2008.pdf

As always, thank you for your guidance and expertise!  

As always, I appreciate your help!

1 REPLY 1
sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You may find this paper Power Analysis for Generalized Linear Models Using the New CUSTOM Statement in PROC POWER and the accompanying video useful.

Chapters 4 and 14 in SAS for Mixed Models: Introduction and Basic Applications will be particularly useful for statistical models that are more complex.

I hope this helps.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation