BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
haoduonge
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

I would like to exam effect of two kinds of treatment (A, B) on health outcome (death vs non), stratified by a third variable (level 1, level 2, level 3).

The problem is that % by level in treatment A is so different from that in B.

For example: 89% level 1, 5% level 2, and 6% level 3 in treatment A, while 35% level 1, 50% level 2, and 15% level 3 in treatment B.

If I conduct the analyses among level 1 group, meaning 89% of the treatment A and only 35% of the treatment B. Do you think this may cause any bias? if so, can you please share some references about it?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @haoduonge ,

Is there a reason why you post this question in the 'Text Analytics' board?

If not, I will move this topic to the 'Statistical Procedures' board as you will probably solve this with PROC FREQ or PROC MIXED / GENMOD / NPAR1WAY (in short, a SAS/STAT procedure), correct?

Let me know ...

Koen 

haoduonge
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Koen,

No reason, I thought this is more about the concept, not the statistical procedures.

Thanks!

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

I thought this is more about the concept, not the statistical procedures.

That's absolutely true, but this 'SAS Text and Content Analytics' board is about text parsing and natural language processing (NLP) and text mining [i.e. artificial intelligence technology to transform the free (unstructured) text in documents and databases into normalized, structured data suitable for analysis].

I will move it as "regular statisticians" do not frequently look in here.

Koen

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Moved by me to this 'Statistical procedures' board (under Analytics header).

Coming from 'SAS Text and Content Analytics' board (also under Analytics header).

Koen

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation