BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
whs278
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I know you can do a partial F-test with PROC REG to jointly test a set of parameters.  For example,

PROC REG DATA = dataset
   MODEL y = x1 x2 x3; 
   TEST x2=x3=0;
RUN;

Which gives me output that looks like this.

Partial_F-Test_Output.png

I would like to know if there is a way to perform the same the test using PROC GLM.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Bill

4 REPLIES 4
whs278
Quartz | Level 8
This is not the answer
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I think it is the answer.

--
Paige Miller
whs278
Quartz | Level 8

I'm not sure how the solution below provides an answer on how to write a PROC GLM step that would jointly test a set of parameters using a partial f-test. 

------------------------------------------------------

Y = B0 + B1*Asian + B2*Black + B3*White + B4*X + B5*X*Asian + B6*X*Black + B7*X*White + e

The CLASS RACE statement creates dummy variables (Asian, Black, White) with values (1,0,0) for RACE="Asian", (0,1,0) for RACE="Black" and (0,0,1) for RACE="White". SAS will force parameters B3 and B7 to zero because they are redundant, so that the linear equations are:

Asian : Y = (B0+B1) + (B4+B5)*X

Black : Y = (B0+B2) + (B4+B6)*X

White : Y = B0 + B4*X

The F test for effect RACE*X tests the hypothesis B5=B6=B7=0 which, if true, would mean that all slopes are equal.

hth

PG

Message was edited by: PG corrected typo reported by Steve Denham.

PG

View solution

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation