BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MillerEL
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I do not have SUDAAN, so I am using SAS PROC SURVEYREG to age-adjust complex survey data (BRFSS, specifically). The following is my code to age-adjust current smokers (binary, 0=non-smoker, 1=smoker) by a binary rural/urban classification using 5 age groups. (Trying to estimate the number of current smokers in rural vs urban areas). 

PROC SURVEYREG DATA = smokingRU NOMCAR;
	STRATA  _STSTR;
	CLUSTER _PSU;
	WEIGHT  _LLCPWTRU;
	CLASS _LLCPMRU01 agegrp;
	MODEL CurrentSmoker = _LLCPMRU01*agegrp/NOINT SOLUTION VADJUST=NONE CLPARM;
	ESTIMATE 'Rural' _LLCPMRU01*agegrp 0.128810 0.182648 0.219077 0.299194 0.170271   
									   0 		0 	     0 		  0        0		;
			 'Urban' _LLCPMRU01*agegrp 0 		0 	     0 		  0 	   0   
									   0.128810 0.182648 0.219077 0.299194 0.170271 ;
	RUN;

The estimates I get are reasonable; however, I keep getting the following note in my log:

"NOTE: The structure of the Estimates table has changed from an earlier release of SAS."

The most recent code example I could find for this methodology used SAS 9.2. I assume there has been a change in the syntax, but when I look through the documentation, I'm not seeing where the problem is. 

Any thoughts? Can anyone else see what I'm missing?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

I believe that that message refers to the same change as occurred with PROC GENMOD as described in this note.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

I believe that that message refers to the same change as occurred with PROC GENMOD as described in this note.

Reeza
Super User
Its a NOTE, not a WARNING/ERROR, so nothing is wrong it's just warning you that something has changed in case you were trying to compare to prior results.
MillerEL
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you!
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee

Proc Surveymeans in SAS has poststratification weight adjustment and you can use it for age standardization. 

Please refer the following: https://support.sas.com/rnd/app/stat/examples/poststrata/poststrata.pdf

MillerEL
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes, I have a single variable code example for this as well, but it's not working right when I try a crosstab. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of learning a new methodology right now. Also, with either method, the estimates still do not match SUDAAN . Proc Surveyreg has, at least in the past, been endorsed by the CDC as a reasonable non-SUDAAN alternative and the results are almost always within .2% of SUDAAN. Also, I already have proc surveyreg code for crosstab adjusting that I understand. But I really do appreciate you taking the time to provide the information, and I'll look into it further when I can!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation