BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bbkk
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have recently installed proc lca and i have tested with a small dataset and everything seems to work pretty fine. However I need to run such analysis for longitudinal data (approximately 32million individuals overall). I have been trying to test the different models with a pretty small sample (of 100000 individuals), but above that it starts giving me issues. My aim was to run proc lca on 10% of my overall population and afterwards assign people to the clusters found in such sample. But it gives me this errorr of overflow detected lca. Does anyone know what could I do? Also what is it the best seed in this case with such a big population?

This is the current basic model I am testing:

proc lca data=test;

title "6 class model";

nclass 6;

items contract temporary multjobs income catcba;

categories 5 2 3 5 3;

seed 100000;

groups sex;

RHO PRIOR=1;

run;

everything seems to work when I run it with groups or covariates etc. but until 100000 individuals. 

Thanks you!

1 REPLY 1
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

Just to tell you that PROC LCA (& PROC LTA) are not official SAS procedures.

SAS Technical Support will not help you, but you might try this forum indeed (maybe some other members experience the same).

You can also turn to the authors of PROC LCA (& PROC LTA) of course.

Good luck,

Koen

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation