BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wadams
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have good coding resources for outputting a true score curve from PROC IRT results?

Thank you,

Bill

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

You might provide, as a minimum, the code you are using to create your IRT model so have some idea what your results might look like.

I am not familiar with the term 'True Score Curve' in this context. Can you provide a link to the definition you are using?

wadams
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ballardw - I have not written any syntax for this analysis yet.  I am deciding on using PROC IRT or IRTPRO.  As an example, if I used PROC IRT to score a five-item examination and, for individuals with an ability of 1.17, the results show that the probability of a correct response to item 1 = 0.99, to item 2 = 0.93, to item 3 = 0.89, to item 4 = 0.78, and to item 5 = 0.74, then I know their expected true score on the original score scale should simply be the sum of these probabilities or 0.99 + 0.93 + 0.89 + 0.78 + 0.74 = 4.33.  That is how I am defining "true score" here (though I know it often called a trait score as well). 

So, ultimately, I want the true (or trait) score on the y-axis and latent trait on the x-axis (sort of like the attached Figure from the RJ de Ayala IRT textbook).  Thank you!

Bill

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation