BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
alovatin
Calcite | Level 5

Dear all,

I am running PROC FREQ using COMMONRISKDIFF option but I got ERROR message. I made quick research and seems this option has been introduced with SAS 9.4 version M5, hence becasue I am using SAS9.4 version M4P that's the reason why it doesn't work.

Jast wanted confirmation about this.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @alovatin,

The list of enhancements in SAS/STAT 14.3 (which corresponds to SAS 9.4M5) suggests that COMMONRISKDIFF was introduced in that release, as you supposed. Indeed, this option is contained in Table 42.9: TABLES Statement Options for version 14.3, but not in the analogous table 41.9 for version 14.2 (which corresponds to SAS 9.4M4).

The typical log message in this case (in SAS 9.4M4 or earlier) would be a syntax error (ERROR 22-322) with "COMMONRISKDIFF" underlined and a list of the available options ("expecting one of the following: ...") in your release, followed by an ERROR 202-322 saying that the option is "not recognized".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

I think COMMONRISKDIFF existed before SAS 9.4 M5

, but 

COMMONRISKDIFF(CL=KLINGENBERG) and 

COMMONRISKDIFF(PRINTWTS=SCORE)

exist since SAS/STAT 15.1.

To know about the SAS/STAT you are running, submit :

proc product_status; run;

and look in the LOG.

Koen

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @alovatin,

The list of enhancements in SAS/STAT 14.3 (which corresponds to SAS 9.4M5) suggests that COMMONRISKDIFF was introduced in that release, as you supposed. Indeed, this option is contained in Table 42.9: TABLES Statement Options for version 14.3, but not in the analogous table 41.9 for version 14.2 (which corresponds to SAS 9.4M4).

The typical log message in this case (in SAS 9.4M4 or earlier) would be a syntax error (ERROR 22-322) with "COMMONRISKDIFF" underlined and a list of the available options ("expecting one of the following: ...") in your release, followed by an ERROR 202-322 saying that the option is "not recognized".

alovatin
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you for explanation, much helpful!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation