BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jonison
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, I am building a PLS model using training dataset, and also have a dataset to do prediction (prediction dataset).

The training dataset is finalized and then the model configuration has been fixed.

The prediction dataset is updated everyday, and this is reason why the datasets are managed separately.

The issue is how can I code PLS procedure for this task.

The model code I am using is:

PROC PLS CV=ONE DATA=&EM_IMPORT_DATA METHOD=PLS NOCENTER NOSCALE NFAC=6 MISSING=AVG;
 MODEL &Y1 = &X1 &X2 &X3 &X4 &X5 &X6 &X7 &X8 &X9 &X10 &X11 &X12 &X13;
QUIT;

It is a complicated model and &Y1 have five variables, similar setting for &X1 and etc (using let to define &X1 ....&Y1).

The prediction dataset has same structure, but how can set the prediction for prediction dataset?  (prefer not to merge the training dataset and prediction dataset)

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Some regression procedures support the STORE statement, which creates an item store for future scoring by using the PLM procedure.

Unfortunately, the PLM procedure does not support the STORE statement, so I think your only choice is to use the missing response trick, which unfortunately requires concatenating the new data with the original. The Getting Started example in the PLS doc has an example of scoring.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Some regression procedures support the STORE statement, which creates an item store for future scoring by using the PLM procedure.

Unfortunately, the PLM procedure does not support the STORE statement, so I think your only choice is to use the missing response trick, which unfortunately requires concatenating the new data with the original. The Getting Started example in the PLS doc has an example of scoring.

Jonison
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your kind reply. I think this would be the solution to current version.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation