BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jason4sas
Obsidian | Level 7
I have this simple snippet in SAS9,
ods select PearsonCorr;
ods output PearsonCorr=RA_RF_PearsonCorr;
proc corr data=RA_COST_&ra_condition._all rank pearson; var &response_cost.; with &ra_rf_st_flag_vars.; run;

NOTE: The data set WORK.RA_RF_PEARSONCORR has 12 observations and 4 variables.
NOTE: Compressing data set WORK.RA_RF_PEARSONCORR increased size by 100.00 percent.
Compressed is 2 pages; un-compressed would require 1 pages.
WARNING: Output ‘PearsonCorr’ was not created. Make sure that the output object name, label, or path is spelled correctly. Also, verify that the appropriate *
* procedure options are used to produce the requested output object. For example, verify that the NOPRINT option is not used.

NOTE: PROCEDURE CORR used (Total process time):
real time 0.01 seconds
user cpu time 0.01 seconds

I could not find anything wrong with it. Also, strangely the same snippet is running fine in SAS Viya4. How to block it from happening in SAS9?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I am guessing that perhaps you have no output destinations open and so there is nothing for ODS OUTPUT to work with. What happens if you put this command before ODS SELECT?

ods html;

But agreeing with @ballardw if that doesn't solve the problem here, and in all future problems, we need the entire LOG without macro variables, and sample data. 

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Replace all of the macro variables with the actual text. Run the procedure, show us the entire log for running the procedure, the code and all the messages. I suggest removing the ODS SELECT to debug code.

The data set was created with the output. That is what writes this:

NOTE: The data set WORK.RA_RF_PEARSONCORR has 12 observations and 4 variables.

So I am a bit confused about the notes shown, which is why I request a complete run that we can read.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I am guessing that perhaps you have no output destinations open and so there is nothing for ODS OUTPUT to work with. What happens if you put this command before ODS SELECT?

ods html;

But agreeing with @ballardw if that doesn't solve the problem here, and in all future problems, we need the entire LOG without macro variables, and sample data. 

--
Paige Miller

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation