BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Princeelvisa
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Everyone,

I have mutual funds data at the quarterly level. I have funds percentage holdings in stocks. I want to run a cross-sectional regression of these funds' percentage holdings on two or three independent variables, which are at the stock level. Each fund has at least 10 stocks. I want the regression by fund per quarter. How do I output the partial r-squared for one independent variable for each fund per quarter after the cross-sectional regression. one of the independent variables is a dummy variable.

Any help, please?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

I have moved your question to the "Statistical Procedures" board.

I would have moved it to the "Forecasting and Econometrics" board, but you clearly state you want to analyze cross-sectional data (and not time-series cross-sectional data = panel data).

Hence, you are in SAS/STAT space and not in SAS/ETS or SAS Econometrics space.

Have a look here :

Partial R2 with PROC GLM
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Studio/Partial-R2-with-PROC-GLM/td-p/429197

BR,

Koen

Princeelvisa
Obsidian | Level 7

Princeelvisa_0-1686820362002.png

This is the model i want to run. where i is stock, m denotes fund and t is quarter. So a cross-sectional regression for partial-squared for the first independent variable for each fund per quarter.

Thank you Koen, if you can help me with the mode above, I looked at what you posted and it bit different, I am sure.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation