BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
karora1
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello I'm trying to calculate Age-std rates for a variety of geographies at once. I've used proc stdrate in the past to do my calculations in SAS for direct agestd rates but just realized that up until now I have often calculated the rates for two groups only in SAS. However this time I would like to calculate a death rate using the direct method but for all of the networks in our region (in this case 6 areas). The rate ratios are not needed but the rates and confidence intervals for each of the geographies is required. My code is the following 

proc stdrate data=deathrategeo2
refdata=Can2011
method=direct
stat=rate(mult=100000)
cl = GAMMA;
population group = network_name  event=death total=Pop;
reference total=Pop;
strata age18up ;
title "Age std death rates by Network";
ods output StdRate = netstdrate;
run;

However, i get the following error message "  At most two study populations can be used for METHOD=DIRECT" and the procedure isn't run. I know many people have to calculate direct age-std rates for more then 2 groups at a time, so there must be away to calculate it, but i can't seem to find the right way to do it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
karora1
Fluorite | Level 6

nevermind I found a "By" option that I can put in the network name and remove the group=networkname option. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
karora1
Fluorite | Level 6

nevermind I found a "By" option that I can put in the network name and remove the group=networkname option. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation