BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Demographer
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, is there a way to do multilevel ordered logistic regression with unequal slopes with SAS? I want to model educational attainment (no high school, high school, postsecondary) with variables such as cohort, country cohort*country, religion, language and education of the mother. My understanding is that with a normal ordered logistic model, parameters for religion, language and education of the mother might be biased. 

4 REPLIES 4
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, use the UNEQUALSLOPES option. See this note

Demographer
Pyrite | Level 9
It is possible to do multilevel regression with proc logistic?
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

If by "multilevel" you mean a random effects model with levels rather than meaning just multiple response levels, then no - you would need to use GLIMMIX to fit a "multilevel" model. I'm not aware that it allows separate slopes on the logits.

Demographer
Pyrite | Level 9

Yes, random effects models.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation