BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aline_A16
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

I have 3 biofluids for which a group of fatty acids (almost the same in each biological matrice) have been measured, and i would like to use a reduction dimension method taking into account that variables are coming from 3 differents blocks (=biofluids). I already performed a simple PCA but i am trying to find a method that is more appropriate considering the 3 blocks aspect. I looked to the paper "A framework for sequential multiblock component methods" https://doi.org/10.1002/cem.811  but i am not able to fully understand the differences between each method and which one could suit my problematic. I would be grateful if someone could clarify this to me. 

My main question : is there a method identical or closely similar to simple PCA but including the multiblocks concept ? 

Thanks in advance.

Aline

1 REPLY 1
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

PROC CALIS may do this, but it is not something I could help with. Also, within the Partial Least Squares methodology, there are indeed multi-block models, I would imagine that this could be extended from multi-block PLS to multi-block PCA.

I know the lead author Age Smilde has done a lot of work in this area, maybe you should contact him directly.

--
Paige Miller

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation