BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kai_cody
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I am doing a longitudinal analysis using Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) data, which uses 1 final weight and 100 replicate weights and Fay's method of balanced repeated replication (BRR) to account for complex survey design (example code shown in image below).

I'm not familiar with this sort of survey design, and this is my first time working with longitudinal data.

Does anyone know if there is a PROC in SAS which will allow me to incorporate both VARMETHOD, WEIGHT, and REPWEIGHTS statements in conjunction with a REPEATED statement? Or does anyone know of some other way to implement all this?

Thanks.

kai_cody_0-1600295982750.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kai_cody
Fluorite | Level 6

There is no way to conduct this BRR method in a mixed effects model in SAS. You can manually achieve this BRR method by following these instructions from the PATH user guide:

"Although software packages do not universally accommodate replicate weights for all analytic methods, the replication method can be applied by repetition to any analytic routine. That is, the desired analysis would first be run using the full-sample weight. Then, it would be repeated replacing the full-sample weight by each replicate weight, in turn (i.e., 100 times for PATH). The formula for BRR variance estimates (provided in equation 5.2.1) would then be used to estimate the variance of any parameter (e.g., regression coefficient) of interest."Screenshot 2020-10-07 105405.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kai_cody
Fluorite | Level 6

There is no way to conduct this BRR method in a mixed effects model in SAS. You can manually achieve this BRR method by following these instructions from the PATH user guide:

"Although software packages do not universally accommodate replicate weights for all analytic methods, the replication method can be applied by repetition to any analytic routine. That is, the desired analysis would first be run using the full-sample weight. Then, it would be repeated replacing the full-sample weight by each replicate weight, in turn (i.e., 100 times for PATH). The formula for BRR variance estimates (provided in equation 5.2.1) would then be used to estimate the variance of any parameter (e.g., regression coefficient) of interest."Screenshot 2020-10-07 105405.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation